Tuesday, April 24, 2012


Hola family y amigos,
 
The spanglish subject title means "ready sisters?" My roommates and I love to say this to each other on a regular basis in a Spanish accent. The MTC is FANTASTIC (said like in Nacho Libre.) My companion Hermana Manning is the most amazing girl. She is from a little fishing town in Alaska. You have to fly on a bush plane to get there. She is very enthusiastic and passionate about the gospel of Jesus Christ. She also likes quoting movies like Nacho Libre and thinks teen girl squad is funny so we get along quite well.
 
I have an incredible district of 10 people. We have known each other less for a week and we are already so close. The 6 elders are going to Vena del Mar, Chile, 1 sister is going to El Salvador, and the other 2 sisters are going to Nicaragua with me. They come from Alaska, Hawaii, American Samoa, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana.  I have been able to teach the others in my district a lot about Spanish because I have had the most. I feel like we're moving a bit too slow, but I know that this foundation will be good so I can really know the grammar well. Our district prides ourselves on how well we say, "Hola," "Como estas," and "Gracias." We're practically fluent. But I know that the language will come with hard work and Heavenly Father's help. Some people learning Spanish here like to day dream a lot and say, "I can't believe we're going to be fluent someday." I've learned that it's easy to spend more time wishing than working, but I love a quote I heard President Monson say, "Work will win when wishy washy wishing won't." Another thing I learned as I was reading my scriptures is that we need to work hard to become the kind of people that Christ wants us to be. Read Matt. 4:19 and Mark 1:17. It's interesting how in Mark it says, "I will make you to become fishers of men." We need to do all we can and then his grace makes up the rest.
 
Sister Dibb came and spoke in our Relief Society on Sunday! It was so incredible hearing from her. She talked about how she was on a drive with her dad(who is the prophet for those of you who don't know....) and she asked him what advice he would give the sister missionaries if he was here. So we got to hear advice from a prophet of God for our missions. It was amazing.
 
I am so happy I chose to come on a mission. I know I haven't experienced any hard trials but it is amazing how the Lord is blessing me daily. The little prayers that he has answered daily have been miracles to me. The spirit is so strong here. There is such a power in being surrounded by people from all over the world that have sacrificed so much to go and invite others to come unto Jesus Christ. I know this church has the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you all and wish I had more time to write.

Love,

Anne (or Hermana Pearson)

 Brad, Michelle and Will dropping Anne off!

 Anne - the happy missionary!

 One last squeeze for little, smilely Will!

Goodbye everyone for 1 1/2 years!
 

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you, Anne! Glad to hear your trip is off to a great start. You look so happy in your pictures. The best is yet to come. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!! How are you? Whats your email now?

    ReplyDelete