Tuesday, May 1, 2012


Dearest family,
 
I love this quote I heard this week, because I'm understanding the truth of the statement. There is so much to do and so little time! I have learned a lot this week about the importance of goal setting and being strict to completing the goals that you set. While there are times each day where I feel overwhelmed with all I have to learn about spanish and the gospel of Jesus Christ, it's comforting to know that I have the Lord helping me every step of the way.
 
We have been doing mock teaching lessons in Spanish and I have done 7 of them! While it is very difficult, it is getting easier each day. I understand Spanish pretty well and am just trying to learn how to speak correctly and more quickly.
 
Fun fact: Elder Entin in my district went to TC Williams and played on the football team there. Unfortunately they lost their senior year in the championship game so they weren't able to make Remember the Titans 2. Petey still works at the school. That's pretty neat, huh?
 
I have some AWESOME teachers. Hermana Arroyo served in Spokane where my dear friend Jasmyn is, Hermamo Piperato served in Puerto Rico, and Hermano Jarman served in Spain. I'm learning so much. They are the best teachers and really push me. 'The grammar from highschool has really helped me so I'm not lost. It's just applying the knowledge and learning how to speak.
 
I have seen so many little miracles this week. Elder Nelson came to speak to us. I have learned so much about the enabling power of the atonement this week and truly believe that Christ will direct us when we turn to him and accept his will. I know The Book of Mormon, like the Bible is the word of God and that Heavenly Father loves all his children.
 
Thanks for all the Dear Elders. I LOVE them! And I love all of you, I'll try to write more individual letters this week.
 

Muchos besos,
 
Hermana Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment