Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Eat Bagels,Drink Chocolate Milk and be Merry for tomorrow we go to Guatemala!


Hello lovely family and friends!!!!!
 
This has been the motto of Hermana Manning and I for the past couple of days. I am so excited to leave in 1 hour!!! (They are taking a red eye from LAX to Guatemala tonight) I have had a wonderful experience here at the Provo MTC (Missionary Training Center) It has been so amazing to be surrounded by hundreds of missionaries from all around the world. The spirit is so strong here and I feel so safe.
 
I made sure to appropriately celebrate Cinco de Mayo by drawing a mustache on my face with my roommates with waterproof mascara. I won't use waterproof mascara next time.
 
I was very blessed this week so see people I know pretty much every day. I got to see Elyse Bradley, Suzie Skinner, Kathryn Hart, Aunt Julie,Ben Smith, and some other friends from BYU. It has been so fun!!!!
 
This week has been an emotional roller coaster. I have had so many wonderful days but I have also been very humbled. While I had a goal to speak Spanish non-stop from Wed. to Sat., it was very difficult considering no one in my district speaks it at all.....so thank goodness I'm going to Guatemala where this goal will be a little bit easier to keep! I have been touched this week by the examples of elders and sisters I have seen who have great challenges but are going forward with faith in fulfilling their call from the Lord. I met a wonderful sister who is 28 years old from Chile who was called to serve in Armenia. She has to learn Armenian in English which is not her native language. Yesterday, I saw a sister doing a service project that has arms that are stubs and stop at her elbows. She was working and wiping down the bathroom just like everyone else. There are several elders that are in wheel chairs. I know that the Lord gives us weaknesses to humble us, but will make us equal to our challenges through following the gospel of Jesus Christ and taking advantage of the atonement. Right now my challenge is learning Spanish, but I know I can do it with his help.
 
Wish I had more time.
 
Love you all!
 
Anne
 
CANT WAIT TO TALK TO YOU LATER TONIGHT.
 
ALISON AND FRIENDS!!!!! tHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LETTERS. I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE WHOLE WORLD! THEY MADE MY DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment