Tuesday, May 22, 2012

CCM Rocks!

 Hola familia, 


How are you?! Hope everything is going well. Thoughts on
 living with the Latin people- it rocks. This week learned something
 about the sisters I live with. No matter where you are from, all women
 feel the same way about two things- chocolate and men. My roommates
 get the same looks and say similar things when they see chocolate and
 when they see elders doing immature things- like when the Latin elders
 were taking pictures of me when I was reading my scriptures. This week
 I have become really good friends with my Latina roommates. Its
 amazing how the language barrier can be taken down with small acts of
 service. They have been helping me with my Spanish and are very
 patient with my slow broken way of speaking. And at nights I have
 started helping them reading the Book of Mormon in English helping
 them with their pronunciation. Im so glad English is my native
 language. All the sounds and words are pronounced differently. At
 least in Spanish it's all the same....... Im grateful for that.

 Hermana Mendez and Lopez LOVE the EFY songs that I brought. They sing
 along to them every night. Sundays here are great. We have
 intercambios - where you switch companions- and you are with a latin
 companion for about 3 hours- during sacrament meeting and personal
 study. Here we have to prepare a talk in Spanish and right before
 people have to speak they announce who is up. This is what happened in
 Provo as well and I was chosen to speak there the week before I left.
 And I was very surprised and shocked with the Branch president from
 Guatemala chose me to speak this past Sunday---a little more
 intimidating when you're speaking in front of people who actually
 understand (or don't understand) what youre trying to say. But it went
 well and I got through it. People that come from other countries to do
 temple work were here from Wed. to Sat. this week and they stay in a
 building right next to ours on the CCM campus. We got to go contacting
 at the temple and practice sharing our favorite scriptures and tried
 to get referrals of people who might be interested in learning about
 the gospel. On Thursday we got to go to the temple for an endowment
 session with all 40 of the north americans here with our CCM
 president- President Nicolaysen. I have felt the Holy Ghost testify to
 me of the truth of this gospel so many times this week. I love reading
 the Book of Mormon! I also love Preach My Gospel and how it helps me
 focus on scriptures that will really help the people I teach. It is
 helping me learn so much!  My favorite scripture this week is 1 Nephi
 7 :12. Read it, amazing promised contained within in.


 I love you family but I got to go! Hopefully I can write more but I need to read your
 emails!


 Love you, 


Hermana Pearson.

No comments:

Post a Comment