Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It's raining cats and dogs!

August 20, 2012

Well folks the rainy season in Nicaragua has begun! We had 3 afternoons of thunderstorms which made it difficult to contact and work due to the fact that everyone is locked inside their houses. But thanks to the rain, I was cold for the first time in 3 months and didnt have to sleep with a fan. Glorious.


Ben motivated me to do something crazy last week. He challenged me to contact a bus. And after a couple of weeks of putting it off. I did it! It was nerve wracking but it felt really good to conquer some of my fears. We werent able to get any good contacts but hopefully the pamphlets I placed will get in the right hands and people who are searching will find the gospel of Jesus Christ to bless their lives!

So remember from stories Brad and Michelle have told that people in Ukraine are superstitious? Well people here are superstitious here too. They are obsessed with temperatures. Most of the latin missionaries I have met get really nervous and think they will get sick from entering into an air-conditioned chapel after being in the hot sun. Others I have met say it is scientifically proven that if you take a cold shower at night after being in the sun all day too much, you will have problems with your bones in your 30s.

Rogelio was baptized this Sunday! He came to church with a white shirt and tie all ready and excited to be baptized after the meetings. That is sometimes rare for members and even more rare for investigators. We were very impressed. The baptismal service was wonderful. He has a lot of friends in the branch and I can see so much potential in him. I pray he has the faith and motivation to go on a mission in 2 years!

Elder Martino of the 70 is coming to speak to us on Wednesday and Thursday. Im really excited to sing for him in the chorus and hear what he has to say.

I know this church is true. I know that the Lord protects us and that prayers are powerful. Im so grateful for a Savior that is there to lift us up when we are down. Im grateful for the opportunity to improve and serve and enjoy every day. Hope youre all doing well! I love you and miss you!

Love,

Hermana Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment