Thursday, July 19, 2012

I am so happy!


Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a whirlwind. There are now two new families that are members of the church in Nagarote. Valeska and Wilbur and their children Paola (8) and Fernando(3) and Maria and Miguel who are expecting a baby. I know I told you we were expecting Maria and Miguel baptism for Saturday, but Wilbur and Valeska progressed really quickly and were baptized the same day that Maria and Miguel were married and baptized. We went to the home of Wilbur and Valeska almost every day this week. Our zone leaders, Elder Fornellius and Elder Gallardo helped us teach a lot as well. A little about the family: Valeskas mom was a member of the church but past away 2 years ago. Valeska is the only person in the family that can read. Wilbur really wants to learn and I truly believe that as he prays and practices he will learn with the help of the Holy Ghost. In our lessons this week, Valeska was a little shaky and uncertain about getting baptized. But when I tried to speak Spanish and explain the importance of keeping commandments, Wilbur backed me up and started testifying to her about how we receive blessings when we keep the commandments of God. During their baptism, I felt so good. Wilbur wasnt able to read and sing the hymns but during the closing hymn of the baptism his head was bowed in prayer and I felt the spirit so strong. Both couples had family committments and said they werent able to attend church on Sunday. I was a little disappointed, but like I said, it is super difficult to help less active members and recent converts to church unless you attend with them. But on Sunday, after the sacrament was blessed, H. Abrego kicked my leg and said, ¨wilber and Valeska are here!¨ I was SO happy. We didnt have to go wake them up, remind them, or anything. They were late, but they were there!!!! Fernando and Paola were acting up  a little bit so they were going to have to leave. Thanks to the animal crackers H. Abrego and I carry, we convinced them to stay and I entertained them in primary so the parents could attend the other classes. It was super hectic, but I was so glad that the family could stay for all 3 hours. We are going to have family home evening with them tonight and Im super excited to teach them about how this gospel is going to change their lives.  These baptisms seem a little fast to me, but Im going to do my best to teach, set a good example and love them to help them become and stay active members of the church. Today, for Pday, my comp. and I went to Managua to buy them hymn books and develop photos for them.

I know that this church is the same church that Christ established when he was on the earth. This is a gospel for individuals. I know that every person can make a difference and that example is much more powerful than words. I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and will change your life if you study it and live the principles that lie within. Im learning more and more every day about the gospel and life. I love being a missionary. Its the best. I love you all so much!!! 

Hermana Anne Pearson







The walk to Valeska and Wilburs home.



 Shout out to A. Stapley and E. Lloyd- a baby doll arm that I found on my walk to Valeska and Wilburs home. Thought of you.




Maria and Miguel were kind of shy!



I've never looked or felt so white in all my life!


 Maria, Miguel, Wilbur, Valeska


Fernando and Paola

No comments:

Post a Comment