Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Puchica!


April 29, 2013


Hey family,
Well thanks for all your prayers and love. This week was CRAZY to say the least.I got a call on Monday that I had to be at the zone leader meeting in Managua on Tuesday and Wednesday. WHAT?! Weird. With all the sisters that are coming into the mission they are starting to ask for the help of sisters. In other missions I have heard that sisters are now becoming zone leaders. Nutty. I felt really blessed to be at the meeting and receive instruction from President Arredondo and his wife. This is going to be his last change and were pretty bummed. President Arredondo taught us a lot about teaching by the spirit during the meeting by asking inspired questions. During the meeting in the morning on Tuesday he taught us about it and in the afternoon we went on divisions with missionaries in Managua to practice what we learned. I got to go on divisions with Hermana Chinchilla (my comp from 5 mon. ago). We had a great experience together. Then on Wednesday we came back and talked about we learned. Im so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful people that have sacrificed so much to serve the Lord.An even cooler thought is the faithful family that every one of theses missionaries will  have in the future if they apply all the things they are learning on their mission.
On Thursday we got back figured out all the papers for Conny and Luis to get married and on Friday we celebrated Hermana Morales birthday. On Sunday we had the wedding and baptism of Conny and Luis after church.It was all so wonderful!The sad thing is that Martin wasnt able to be baptized because something happened and he drank :(. We still havent been able to find him. But I hope he will take the steps to work towards his baptism through repentance!
well I found out last night at 10 that I have changes! Ill be off to another place on Wednesday. Im sad to leave Ocotal but grateful for all the miracles that Ive been able to see while Ive been there. Its incredible what the Lord can do when we dont give up and put our trust in him. I love 2 Nephi 27:23 ......"For behold, I am God; and I am a God of amiracles; and I will show unto the bworld that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I cwork not among the children of men save it be daccording to their faith."
I love my mission and Im so grateful to be here! The chuch is true and the Lord knows us by name. Love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Pearson
PS This week a 4 yr. old boy gave me a kiss on the cheek. Trying to make him laugh, I said, "I will never wash my face again." Then he said to me, "Then never come back!" When I asked him why, he said that I would be a dirty pig if I came back because Im not going to wash myself. So I repented and I ve washed my face since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment