Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Have a you had a missionary experience this week?

July 15, 2013

Dear family,
Dont have much time today but just wanted to share a couple of thoughts with you.
Ever since President Collado and his wife re-committed us to be the hands of Christ I have been praying for more opportunities to do more little acts of service. Because we are in dresses people think we cant wash, clean, etc when they are in need---but that is what we want to do! Well the Lord answered my prayers this week. It happened on a day that was pretty difficult...all of our appointments had fallen through and we werent finding that many families that were interested. Then we saw a man and woman hauling huge suitcases and went to help them. they allowed us because they said they were going really close by. 20 minutes later after going up to steep hills and down one, we got to their house. They didnt want to learn about the gospel,but this experience helped motivate us and the Lord blessed us to find 2 interested families on the way down the hill.
I forgot to share an experience with you that I had in Ocotal last week. We helped carry firewood for a family that the Elders were going to baptize and I had a chance to meet the wife. When I saw her, she looked so familiar. I realized that I had contacted her and her husband two times when I was serving there and had felt something special about them. But her husband worked on Sunday and every time we arrived to their house they werent home. 2 months later, members (that were I tried to help activate but never became active til now) gave this family as a reference to the elders---the husband doesnt work on Sunday anymore because he changed his job. Im convinced that the Lord is always preparing families to receive the gospel!
Finally, Maria and Luis came to church this week and we also had another family, Rosa and Jose show up. Please pray that they can keep their committments about praying to know if the church is true and that we can know their needs to help them!

During personal study one day, I was pondering about the Atonement and what it means to me. One of the ways that I experience the blessings of the Atonement is through prayer. What is amazing to me is that if we have sincere prayers, every member of the Godhead is included in this process. We pray to the Father, our desires and gratitude arrive to him through our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost visits us with comfort or revelation. Im so grateful for the Atonement, so our prayers can be answered and our lives have meaning. I know this church is true. I know the Lord loves us and will help us overcome every difficulty in our lives.
Love you,
Hermana Pearson


Go to this link to help learn how you can be a better missionary:
http://www.lds.org/training/wwlt/2013/hastening/members-and-missionaries?cid=HPL1P01W01043&lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment