Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Changes!


June 17, 2013

Dear Family,

Lets just say it has been QUITE the week with lots of new changes! We were anxiously anticipating changes on Tuesday night because we, the sisters of Esteli, felt like there would be at least 2 of us that would get changed. I felt that I was going to get changed so I wasn’t surprised when the zone leaders told me I was changing. I felt strange considering I have been in the area for such a short time, but excited to go to a different zone. After we found out President and Hermana Barcenas treated us to pizza and we went home and had a long night of packing (Hermana Ramirez had changes too).

Wednesday was a very emotional day at changes. It was our last transfer meeting with president and his wife. They were emotional too. I just have so much gratitude for all they have done for me and all the missionaries. We learned a lot from them (more to come) and then he announced the changes. I was SO surprised when it was announced that I was going BACK to Esteli. Aka, after I had packed up all of my bags, I was moving back to the same house and just changing comps and areas. It was kind of a shock to my system. Too many emotions in one day. But by the end of the day I was fine with the change. Hermana Henderson is now my companion---first gringa!!! We are the training leader sisters and our first day together was so great. Right off the bat we started applying some of the things that President taught us and we are going to teach our sisters to have our own kind of culture of Esteli. To try to help the sisters rely more on each other and less on the elders. I also went back on my notes the first day and felt that everything President had said was meant just for me. He talked about how Alma was sent to Ammonihah and rejected there but then was sent back and accepted (Alma 8). I felt like the Lord is calling me back and this time there will be people that will accept this amazing message.
Hermana Chita is TRAINING! Our new house mate is named Hermana Ochoa from Guatemala. She is really sweet. They are still visiting Federico and Aura. We had a really cool experience with Aura the Tuesday before changes. We came up to the house and asked if we could talk to her and she said pretty rudely that she was busy and that she didn’t have time for our visits every day. We explained why the visits were so frequent and then she said, “Look, Im just going to be honest, Federico and I are in adultery because he is married to another woman, and I feel really bad living in this sin.” We explained to her we are here to help and if she puts forth the effort she can get out of this sin. Well this week H. Chita and Ochoa have been working with them and they say they have seen a change in Aura and she has accepted a baptismal date. Federico is so happy and were hoping everything goes well with the divorce so they can get married and baptized. They have 3 kids together (Federico has other children that are full grown with his first wife).

Do you know the painter Minerva Teichert? Her great granddaughter just arrived to the mission and is in my zone.

We found a family on Saturday night named Cesar and Daisy. We invited them to church and they came the next morning. Please pray for them so they can progress!

Well its strange to think that tomorrow will be my year anniversary for when I arrived to Nicaragua and I didn’t know a lick of Spanish and barely anything about how to be an effective missionary. I love my mission so much and love how it is changing my life and the lives of the Nicaraguan people. This work is so important and I hope you all will get more and more involved in it every day!

Love you,
Hermana Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment