Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Loooooooove You!


April 15, 2013

Dear family,
Well HEY. How is it going? First off, I just want to thank you for all of your emails you sent last week. They were especially inspiring and motivating. I feel so blessed to have such a supportive family that always thinks about me.

This last week was really great. We are teaching a lot of people and a couple of really positive families that are progressing. Remember how I told you about Conni and Luis? Well we met them a week ago on Thursday and since then they have come consistently to church and have received quite a few lessons. They have been really willing and ready to change their lives from the beginning. They are a really good reminder to me that there really are chosen families searching for the truth. They are both without jobs and living with Connis mom for the time being. Im praying that as they are obedient to the commandments and accept the gospel, they can find work. Im also really happy because Luis understands me now! Our experience finding them was also really interesting because that day I was really tired and didnt feel like contacting and we had to cross the street and make a stalkerish contact to talk to them. In other words never fear doing something a bit awkward if its the right thing to do......you might just end up being the instrument in the Lords hands to change someones life. 

Were still teaching Omar. He LOVES the church but has so much fear to be baptized because 8 months ago he was in drugs and an alcoholic and is afraid of falling again. He hasnt relapsed since but he has so much fear. We are praying we will know how we can help him have the confidence to make the step. He is bringing his friend, Jorge, from his alcoholics anonymous group to church and Jorge loves it a lot too. Im pretty sure we will have the whole group coming to church in no time because Omar is talking about the church to all of them.
Were also teaching a man named Martin that is SO humble and willing to accept the gospel. He wants to be baptized but his difficulty is that he isnt married and his wife has a really hard heart. Were praying to know how we can help her soften her heart so she will listen to us.
My companion is SO great! She is so humble and teaching me so much about letting go of pride. She makes me want to be a better person every day. Im really grateful that were companions. She is teaching me that Guatemalan lingo and shes funny too.
My testimony of the law of the fast was really strengthened this week. I dont know if you have ever gone without eating or drinking water in 90 degree weather....but its really hard. We were praying specifically to help two of our recent converts Roman and Karla who havent come to church in months. Our prayer was heard and they both showed up on Sunday. Im so grateful that the Lord answers our prayers when it seems impossible that oru desires will be answered. Were super happy because all of our recent converts have come to church at least once this month. In Nagarote we only had about 4 out of 22 that came which was really hard. Im grateful that the Lord is blessing the area of Ocotal so much. 8 men also received the Melchezidek priesthood in the branch on Sunday in the district conference.
Well Im sure happy to be a missionary and cant believe Ive almost been out here a year. Im so grateful for this experience. I know that the church is true and that the Lord loves us and knows what is best for us. I miss you and love you!
Love,
Hermana Pearson, Person, Piersen, Persen, Pilzon, Pisen /any other name that Nicaraguenses try to call me when they cant pronouce or spell my name.
PS Can someone explain to me all this talk about the chip that they want to put in people in the US? Everybody thinks its a prophecy being fulfilled from the book of revelations? People ask me about it all the time and I have no idea what they are talking about.......

No comments:

Post a Comment