Friday, September 13, 2013

I saw you eating grilled corn. You looked beautiful!



July 29, 2013

Dear family,

The subject of this email is a comment comes from a letter I received from Joei Tyner. Thanks for making me feel pretty Joei. Sometimes all of the shine from the Nicaraguan sun makes me feel not so hot. Hows it going? I hope swell. This week has been one of adjustment. First I “killed” my companion, Hermana Henderson. She went home to California. It was sad because she was such a great comp. Transfers meeting was great! I got to sit and translate for the new sisters fresh from the states and it was really fun and challenging. Then I received a new comp! Hermana McDonald….fresh from the CCM! I was really excited. Well that companionship was the shortest one of my life because then we realized there was a mistake made and the elders messed up where our pictures were supposed to go on the powerpoint…so just kidding….Hermana Corzantes from Guatemala. Another Chapina. She is 19 and has been a member all her life. She is really excited to be on a mission.
This week all the members in the branch went to Honduras. Two families were sealed. They bore their testimonies at church and I have never seen them so happy. One has been members 13 years and the other 2. I really hope my recent converts can make it in 1 or 2 and not 13.

Man time has run out. Not much has progressed with our investigators but were working a lot more with members and hope it improves. Im happy and still loving the mission and trying to pray to be able to cope with all the challenges. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ so much!!!!! Sorry this email is lame. I hope to be able to send pics next week.

LOVE YOU!!!

Hermana Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment