Friday, September 13, 2013

The Lord is preparing the way

July 22, 2013


Hey all you beautiful Pearsons,

So glad to have you all as my family. Thanks for all of your love and support this week. I feel so blessed and loved to have family that always remembers me and makes time to think of me.
This week has been one of a lot of learning---we have been struggling to know how to help the families that we have progress. Maria and Luis seem to want to change because they are reading the Book of Mormon and asking lots of questions but they lack the ability to keep their word at times. They expressed the desire to get to church early (it starts at 8 now) but when we passed by their house on Sunday, they werent there….were not sure what difficulties they are having but were trying to pray to know. We met Rosa and Jose contacting. We had a great lesson with them last Sunday but when we came back on Tuesday and Wednesday they refused to pray like we do and said because they cant read they cant do it. Were pretty sure some members of their old evangelical church have spoken to them and they dont express the desire to progress. 

On the bright side, I had the opportunities to go on splits with Hermana Barcenas, the branch presidents wife, (RM served in Honduras) and we found a family- Eddy and Carla (20 and 19 yrs old-can you imagine getting “married” at this age Jane?). They have been together for 4 years and in the lesson they expressed a lot of interest. Hermana Barcenas said she and her husband will pass by for them on Sunday to go to church. I LOVE it when we have the help of the members to help our investigators progress.

Companions are the best. Its crazy but Hermana Henderson is going home this week. I hate tracting in silence on my mission. Ive realized that being silent for too long is not good because its a great opportunity for negativity to creep in when were walking underneath a really hot sun and not having success in finding people. So H. Henderson and I made a goal that everytime we're in silence a little too long we ask the question "What are you sinking about?" (in the accent of the german guy on the youtube video). If its something trunky or negative, the other person needs to help to change the thoughts and help lift their comp. It worked great for us this week.

The transition to a new president has been the easiest thing for me. President Collado and his family are amazing. All of the things that the mission and missionaries need improvement in are their strengths and their goals for the mission and I love it. We just had interviews with President this week and not only alone, but also with our companion which I loved. He is going to try to change the attitude in the mission from "Baptism is the miracle"into "conversion is the miracle." This will really help members to stay active.
I know that every trial were faced with, the Lord gives us strength to overcome. He knows the whole picture and is preparing us for every trial and preparing the way for us. I love the story of the Brother of Jared and when they went out to sea. 
24 For behold, ye shall be as a awhale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain waves shall dash upon you. Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the bwinds have gone forth cout of my mouth, and also the drainsand the floods have I sent forth.
 25 And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?

Well the mission continues to be challenging and rewarding. Im so grateful for this gospel and all that is has to offer us---to comfort us, strengthen us, and give us hope and joy. I hope you all continue to have missionary experiences. Let me know about them!

Love you,
Hermana Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment